Friday, February 3, 2012

Tuition extravagent - Part I

This is something which is very usual in every home especially when kiddos enter their board classes. There are many people who send their kids to tuitions before they could even collide with the algebra or battery-level science. And there are many who place their children, as soon as they hit their tenth grade, at some of the best tutors in the town. And some even don't. In my case my parents never actually pushed me to go for tuitions. But as I entered my tenth grade, I heard a lot of horror stories from my parents about people who got failed in tenth.
"You see, he failed in his tenth and now he is a sweeper. What a bad luck! So my child, tuitions play a very crucial role in your academic excellence.. And this is the time. Go for it, it is good and be the topper of the upcoming board exams."
Though I never took such things seriously but sometimes it used to pinch me a lot, the mere tension of failing in boards. Not only me but everyone must have felt that kind of 'pinch' when giving our first board exams. All those thick books became thicker, thoughts dumped in trash boxes, silence became absolute; I was overwhelmed with such tensions. At such a point of time you follow what your parents suggest.

Eventually, I told my parents that I want to join that one of the town's best tuition classes which they told me once amidst of the horror stories- It seems so nice when you have a heroic scene in a horror movie. My parents were so happy that they started motivating me after that. They said that the tutor would polish my academic skills (usually in mathematics, physics & chemistry) and bring me to the top level. They said he was the hero who could turn a utter failure into a brilliant success. And yes indeed, I needed a hero.

Inderjeet Sinha- the man behind every successful student, the savior of mankind of tenth grade in the town- the hero. Seniors used to talk and appreciate about him a lot and console their juniors to not to worry about the board exams (behaving as if they proved theories of Einstein wrong). Some seniors even joked that all the girls would go crazy about him and ask for dates and autographs. But thank god, nothing such happend in reality. He had, and has a lot of respect and dignity. So I heard a lot of success stories of many of my friends who credited Inderjeet for their excellence in boards.

One day, my dad approached to one of his friends who knew Inderjeet from a long time. And to my dad's surprise, he got two forms to be filled up for admission. Wait there! That is not enough. I must give an entrance exam too. Now that was something really crazy. It is understood that Inderjeet teaches about hundred-and-fifty students a year but maintaining it like some institution seemed crazy. When I got to know that I even have to affix my photographs in the form, it seemed like a hype. A total hype. And it was.

... To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment